Banner & Turck Supply problems

MikeVT

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Morning all,

I'm wondering if there are any Banner or Turck reps that hang out on this forum.

We are (as I'm sure MANY of you are) having fits trying to get parts orders filled by these two companies. We have one particular OEM we build control panels for, who uses a specific model of Banner photo eye, and a specific model of Turck prox. We have had items 'on order' from both companies, for as long as 5 months, and can't seem to get parts or answers. In 'normal' times (haha) we have used 75 to 100 pieces each, per year, for this OEM.

I fully realize this is related to the 'chip shortage' most likely. But come on Banner and Turck!!! Fix the problem - PLEASE!!!

:angr::angr:

COMMON ROCKWELL! Fix the the darn problem.
COMMON SCHNEIDER! Fix the the darn problem.
COMMON OMRON! Fix the the darn problem.
COMMON SMC! Fix the the darn problem.

and so on.

Good Morning all,

I'm wondering if there are any Banner or Turck reps that hang out on this forum.

We are (as I'm sure MANY of you are) having fits trying to get parts orders filled by these two companies. We have one particular OEM we build control panels for, who uses a specific model of Banner photo eye, and a specific model of Turck prox. We have had items 'on order' from both companies, for as long as 5 months, and can't seem to get parts or answers. In 'normal' times (haha) we have used 75 to 100 pieces each, per year, for this OEM.

I fully realize this is related to the 'chip shortage' most likely. But come on Banner and Turck!!! Fix the problem - PLEASE!!!

:angr::angr:

In the future, try to spec something that has interchangeability through other manufacturers. I know it seems obvious, but at least you can hold their feet to the fire if you're a big buyer, otherwise just swap around at will.