barcode and plc5

bernie said:
seems like alot to do
Only to you - the processor will blow through ten instructions like this in a few milliseconds.

Break it down. Forget the scanner data for now. Set aside ten unused contiguous integer locations and pretend this is your scanner data buffer. Manually 'poke' the value for two known characters into the first location (it's easier to do this by converting the values to hex and then choosing HEX/BCD as the display format for the ingeger file) and then do your MOV instruction to the string. MOV a '2' to the string LEN parameter. Verify what's in the string matches what came from the integer.

Contr_Conn said:
You can use FOR loop
MICROseconds?
Microseconds, yes. Arrghhh! ;)

FOR loop, no. From post #2:

Caveat: This construction - .DATA[Y+2] - is undocumented in A-B literature (to my knowledge anyway) but it does work. One thing which will not work is using a variable for the offset Y+2, you must use a literal (constant) value. Therefore, you need to have a separate MOV for each two characters coming from N9:x plus one MOV for the leftover odd character (if any) at the end of the string.

called rockwell from customer site have tech . support case number 4708525

sent ladder for logix and devicenet will see what they say

Worked Everything Out With Tech. Support At Ab

What Happened Was The 1734 232 Ascii Module Needed To Be Set To 2 Byte (16 Bit) Swap And Than From There The Plc5 Swapped It Back Around The Right Way
Still Had To Do The Btd Instructions
All And All I Have Learned Quite A Bit
I Owe It All To The Members Of Plcs.net And To Ab Tech Support
From Here Out There Is A Light At The End Its Just Not Close Enough
Thanks Again To All Of Those Who Helped I Will Always Keep This Site As A Favorite
Maybe Someday I Too Can Help Someone
Thanks Again
Bernie