basic analog input and output signals in RSLogix5000

Ron Beaufort

Lifetime Supporting Member
from an email:

Hi ron beaufort ,
I am from saudiarbia,Could you please help me how to create ladder from analog instruction in allenbradley RSLOGIX 5000

this is a fairly common question - and since I'm swamped with other projects right now, I've decided to post my answer to the forum ... that way if you have any further questions, the other forum members will be able to help you ...

the answer I've given is a basic "text book" – "just getting started" – "plain vanilla" example based on very common hardware ... if you have other hardware to work with, please let the forum know so that we can give you detailed help ... one size does not fit all ...

I hope that this is helpful to you ...

rung.jpg hardware.jpg

Attachments

• Analog_Signals.pdf
    8.3 KB · Views: 548
  • Analog_Signals.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 152
and the setup for the analog modules might be helpful too ...

the examples I've given are very basic - but they should help you get the analog signals INTO and OUT OF the processor ... to go beyond that, you'll have to tell us what you want the program to do ...

input_setup.jpg output_setup.jpg

Last edited:
Ron,

Seriously you are one of the REALLY good guys in this world.

If someone had PM'ed me or emailed something along those lines I seriously don't think I would have given them the time of day.

Lets just hope the sender will give some of HIS time to explain exactly what he wants, rather than expecting YOU to do it all for him.

Mark

Dear Ron,

I am from the UK.

I have a PLC and I need to make it work.

Thanks

Mark

I didn't mean anything 'bad' about this post but time was still spent by Ron to put this on the forum, and up to now still no response from the guy from Saudi Arabia (that incidentally couldn't spell his country correctly).

I have been watching this forum for a lot longer than my join date and some of the threads started by the 'senior' members about people not wanting to help themselves are getting more and more common, and rightly so.

Then for Ron (who I believe is one of the most respected people on this forum) to get an e-mail like that for me just takes the pi$$.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
I got a similar PM from the same guy, both on this Forum and another.

In my opinion, this is an instance where you should not attempt to help the student, because he is not capable of using your help effectively.

He has a "tank control" application but does not know or cannot explain clearly how the tank is filled, how it is drained, what sensors are used, or what valves and pumps are involved.

Instead, he has asked for help with an "analog instruction".

At some point as an instructor, you have to make the judgement call that your student isn't ready for your class.

Ron's optimism exceeds mine. :)

As always, Ken has some awesome wisdom.

My theory is:

Give me a person who is willing to learn, and put in effort to do so, and I will teach.

Give me a person who is willing to teach, and put in effort to do so, and I will learn.

Without effort, neither applies.

Bob

I don't know about the orginal poster for this thread, but it sure has helped me in answering some student questions in class.

Thanks Ron!!!

Keith