basic challenge i need help with.

seaton

Using studio5000 v21 I had a challenge in a course.

When you press a light pushbutton on it turns the light on.
When you release the pb it stays on.
When you press the pb again the light goes off.

I easily did this with a ons to a bit that is then no and nc on a bridge with light.

However the next challenge is to achieve the same result with just two bits.
To me that would be a latch on the input somehow??

Advise on how please?

Stop cheating.

2 bits or 2 instructions? I have conflicting information here ;)

Last edited:
here's the issue ...

we (at least I myself) are not exactly sure how to solve this particular puzzle using "only two bits" ...

suggestion: if this "challenge" has been posed as a WRITTEN question, try posting a Copy-Paste of it here ... maybe we're just not quite understanding exactly what you're asking for ...

TIP: use a screen capture (Print Screen, etc.) to post pictures to the forum ... don't use your camera ... personally I can't make out exactly what you're trying to show us in your post #2 ...

believe it or not, the forum members (at least most of them) are perfectly willing to help you learn - but frankly I think that there's some confusion as to what your project is trying to accomplish ...

quick question: when you say "bit" - what exactly do you mean? ... some folks (including some official "help" files) use that word for an "instruction" ... for examples: some call an XIC instruction ----] [---- a "bit" ... maybe that's where some of the confusion is coming from ...

going further:

this link will take you to another way of "toggling" a bit ... maybe this is something along the way toward how your project might be done ... if nothing else, the "under-the-hood" operation will be instructive in how binary bits are used for counting ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=398935&postcount=22

good luck with your education ...

Last edited: