Basic Do-more designer question

Bob73

I'm old to PLC programming, new to Do-more designer. Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut (non-mouse method) to add a description to an address?

For example, when adding a coil type "out" (enter) "address" but another enter key will close the box. I'd like to get to the description entry without using my mouse..... for me, avoiding mouse usage makes for much faster programming.

I'm old to PLC programming, new to Do-more designer. Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut (non-mouse method) to add a description to an address?

For example, when adding a coil type "out" (enter) "address" but another enter key will close the box. I'd like to get to the description entry without using my mouse..... for me, avoiding mouse usage makes for much faster programming.

Simply type OUT, and then type your nickname, and you will get a popup that allows you to select the element that you want to assign it to.
You can also select an element in the ladder using your arrow keys, and then press CTRL+D to jump to the documentation for that element.

What about just going into "Documentation Editor" before you start to program and entering in all of your I/O and internal bits/word descriptions.
This usually speeds up the writing of the ladder.

Regards,

Thanks.... those are probably both valid options of which I'll have to explore.

I'm not working under a tight deadline.... I just tend towards impatience with myself if doing something inefficiently. I was just thinking there had to be a less clunky way to add address descriptors on the fly than clicking the element browser button in the address popup, then mousing to the description field then clicking the "write detail" button, then closing the element browser.

I'd even take a right click as in RSLogix 500..... but a keyboard shortcut would be better yet 🍺

Having said that, I've found the Do-More line to be awesome overall. I chose to try one a couple projects ago because I needed an Ethernet port that could talk plain TCP/IP (not just restricted to Ethernet IP or Modbus TCP). While Omron fits that bill, I find the Do-More platform much less painful to use advanced features on...... (*cough* Omron protocol macro *cough*)

OK..... found my answer. F9 opens the element browser. The element browser is navigable with TAB, CTRL-ENTER, ENTER, and ESC