Baumer verisens vision with tia

stu

Hi
I have come across more issues with a baumer verisens camera when trying to input a code into the unit to verify.

Has anyone worked with the baumer verisens vision with tia ?

I have a string of [12] max that gets moved into the QB53 but I can’t see it on the vision software in inputs , I’m looking at the handshake and not sure if I have to send a parameter handshake but bit 0 to the vision to tell it to see a change how does the handshake bits work on parameters and results data getting and sending the qr code value

I’m think with the output (QB50) I need to trigger bit 0 to say I’ve sent the code and get bit4 to say it changed
Then there is inputs back to confirm this on bit 0/1/4
But I would like to know if this is right from some that has done this before

Thanks stu

88059ba7-3368-4785-8fa1-c88cb9943d70.jpeg

Never worked with one of those units before. That said:

A Siemens String is more than just an array of Chars, it also has 2 bytes before it for max length and actual langth.

If you want to send a bunch of data as one chunk, array of byte is usually the go to, but something else could make sense depending on what the data actually is.

hi all
i have a question on the baumer result code i am receiving i get the code as in the picture but if i cover the camera it still give me the the code as it hasnt changed in the bytes . the only thing that changes is the ib71 =P FOR PASS OR F FOR FAIL .
Is there a way i can modify the code so if it fails the ib72-77 is = " and if IB71=P then it will read that data ,
im comparing the IB inputs to verify the code ? the 2nd picture is the actual code for the input data

plcs.net.PNG plcs.net1.PNG

Last edited:
I had a thought that I could do if IB 17=P then it would do the program now if not then don’t give output