BCD seven segment LED display

panthripu

How is it possible to get "-"sing with BCD seven segment LED display. With combination of four bits we get digits from 0 to 9. What should we do to get - and . ?

Here's a link to a typical circuit:
http://www.doctronics.co.uk/4511.htm
By definition, a BCD to 7 segment display only provides for displaying 0-9 on the display, so to show a minus sign requires additional circuitry (not shown on any site I've seen so far) to drive segment 'g'. The good news is that the decimal point does have its own pin so that can be controlled separately (again, by additional circuitry).

Similar Topics

I want to display a piece count on a 6 digit BCD to seven segment display. Using an AB PLC5 processor with two 16 point DC output cards I require...
Replies
Views
hi... i have an issue in s7 300 plc, while we run the machine(in idle there is no fault) , plc cpu goes in SF mode, after restart the power cycle...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m doing a PV 1400e to PVP 7 migration and I don’t know how to convert the old 8digit BCD type from PB1400e into something that will work on...
Replies
Views
I'm working on converting an old PanelBuilder 1200 HMI application into FactoryTalk View ME. The PLC was an old SLC 5/02 with a scanner card for...
Replies
Views
I have a Cmore screen which is communicating to the DL06 in BCD and need to create a timer that works in real numbers for a test, I simply need to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom