FactoryTalk View ME BCD from Numeric Enable Input

pennycjc

I'm working on converting an old PanelBuilder 1200 HMI application into FactoryTalk View ME. The PLC was an old SLC 5/02 with a scanner card for RIO comms. I am changing the PLC to an SLC 5/05 so I can go Ethernet.

The old HMI used a Small Numeric Entry Keypad (touch screen) to capture a 6 digit number plus a decimal point. The number was passed to the PLC as a 24-bit BCD.

I am trying to modify the PLC program as little as possible because this is a time sensitive project. The main difference I am planning is just pointing to B and N registers instead of I and O due to changing from RIO to Ethernet. I want to make the HMI as identical to the old one as I can.

Any suggestions for how to duplicate the functionality of the Small Numeric Entry Keypad? I think I need to use the Numeric Input Enable, but I have no idea how I would convert that number to a 24-bit BCD.

The only way I know is the TOD but this is limited to 9999 or an error occurs & this has to be in the PLC. You have not said which HMI you are going to use.