8 digit BCD to 4 digit BCD conversion

Mikemator

Hi.

I’m doing a PV 1400e to PVP 7 migration and I don’t know how to convert the old 8digit BCD type from PB1400e into something that will work on a pvp 7. I’m using an slc5/05 plc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

If you have access to a 32 bit windows OS like Win XP 32 bit then the PB1400 application should be able to be imported into FTV. Then you can save it as the APA file for opening in the 64bit for any more configuration needed.

If you have access to a 32 bit windows OS like Win XP 32 bit then the PB1400 application should be able to be imported into FTV. Then you can save it as the APA file for opening in the 64bit for any more configuration needed.

Hi JTCat, I have the converted FTV program running already, just haven’t decided how or what to replace the old 8 digit BCD with in FTV.

FTV doesn’t support 8digit BCD only 3 digit BCD or 4 digit BCD.