Beckhoff BK2000 light bus card

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a BK2000 light bus card that the I/O run light isn't on.

There are 3 others in this system and they are on.

When I look in the system manager I get readings on all the other cards except this one.

Is there something I have to do to get it going, or is the card possibly bad?

I have no idea about this stuff I'm a siemens guy.

Please help

I read thru that a couple of times before and after I posted.

This is from page 16, it is the only spot I found in the PDF that lists I/O run.

CYC
ERR WD Meaning Remedy

lit
off lit I/O RUN is not lit, the bus terminal is
addressed, but the data exchange via the
K-bus has not been started.
Add the trigger call to the controller

software

I went out and pulled this card out of the machine and placed in another machine and it runs fine.
When I put the other card in it is running for the moment, but the I/O run light is DIM, not as bright as the other machine.

From the pasted Item above it says to "Add the trigger call to the controller" can you explain this to me? Is it like adding a funciton call in the code?
Does the I/O light only turn on and run when a certain subroutine is called up in the twincat software?

After talking with a co-worker who had called Beckhoff tech support we found that the I/O RUN led is directly proportional to Data Rate/Data Signal. I didn't see anything like that in the previous PDF :(

So my next step will be looking into buying some new fiber optic cables :)