Beckhoff hardware mismatch

josePlenesys

hello, I am using Beckhoff with TwinCAT3 and when I change or add some new hardware or for any reason, there is a mismatch in the real hardware vs the configured hardware Beckhoff does not allow me to have a successful connection. Is there a way to have a different hardware configuration and still be able to have a successful connection?

Hi Jose and welcome to the forum.
My experience with TwinCAT, especially if you come from a different PLC system, is that it is a bit difficult to get the basic working. After you achieve this, then it is usually very smooth. Be aware that the error description are cryptic and a bit of "germanized" English, if this is a word. When I was learning I was baffled by the help files and the never-ending Beckhoff Automation related acronyms.
If you cannot run TwinCAT on the same PLC where the runtime is working then be careful with the routing tables.
And make sure you select the correct version of the PLC in the TwinCAT project.
Also, in order to get better support from the forum, it helps to describe the issue a bit more thoroughly, adding screenshots.
Good luck.