Beckhoff BX9000 ModbusRTU Slave???

klikopc

Hi

I have a Beckhoff BX9000 and want to connect it via SERIAL PORT(COM1) to a TouchPanel(Weintek) that uses Modbus RTU!

I downloaded the example from the Beckhoff website called
"Modbus COM Port 64" and "Modbus COM Port 64 V2"!

On the TouchPanel I made just one digital display bar that showes the Modbus variable 3x0001(INPUT[0] in the example program).
When I connect the TouchPanel to the BX, the panel prints out
"no PLC connection". In TwinCAT I can see that the BX9000 gets the modbus command, but doesn't send anything back to the TouchPanel!(I connected the TX pin on the BX to my PC COM port to test if I get a reply from the BX, but there is nothing)

Yes, the PORT settings are correct on both sides!!!
BAUD=19200, DATABITS=8, PARITY=NONE, STOPBITS=1

Is the example from Beckhoff correct? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Matic

My mistake!

I was using pins 1,3 and 4 instead of 2,3 and 5!

Always check what is written on the connector!

Beckhoff BX9000 ModbusRTU Slave

I've started a TwinCAT Developers Group on LinkedIn; there are now over 340 members, some of whom have heaps of Beckhoff and TwinCAT knowledge.

Please join it if you think it will be useful: http://******/96szRZ