Beckhoff serial communication

Hello Archie,

I would like to use your programme for reading the data from the temperature measurement device.
I need to send and receive data in String format. I used the programme with the Fast track programme with send and receive string.
But it's not working.

For my code, please find out the link below :
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=57458

Can i use your programme with for sending and receiving the string ?
Can you help me to modify your programme for sending and receiving string ?

It will be great help !!!
Thanks....!!!

Hello Archie,

I would like to use your programme for reading the data from the temperature measurement device.
I need to send and receive data in String format. I used the programme with the Fast track programme with send and receive string.
But it's not working.

For my code, please find out the link below :
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=57458

Can i use your programme with for sending and receiving the string ?
Can you help me to modify your programme for sending and receiving string ?
I have a sample program for sending a string out the serial port (EL6001). I can email it to you if you private message me an email address.

Hello there

I am very much new to the PLC world. Right now I am supposed to read and write to a com port using Beckhoff serial library. I tried to use the sample code they have given along with their information system installation. But the code does not seem to be working at the moment. Could any one please help me with a simlpe code which connects to a Com Port in the pc and read the bytes available there.

It will be a great help.

Thanks and regards
Jana Sreenivasan

Hello,
Actually there are no errors at all. Just that I connected to Com port 3 and was trying to read what ever comes there. I paired Com 3 and Com 4. Connected a Hyper Terminal to com 4 and tried to put some characters in there. I am unable to get these characters through my program. And also there is no error. So I guess I am missing some thing.

So if some body can tell me how to do this step by step it will be more than great help.

Thanks
Jana Sreenivasan

Hi Jana,

I think first test your hardware with the Hyperterminal and check it wheather you will get data or not. It's not then first find it out why ?

Once you can see exchange of data through the hyperterminal then work
with Beckhoff.

This is the first step you should concentrate on. And check your baudrate and setting of device in case you will not able to see the
incoming data through hyperterminal.

Hello,

Thank you for the advice. I found out that Beckhoff do not work with virtual ports. I was trying to read from a virtual port. Now let me see with real hardware connection.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Jana Sreenivasan

Jana, have you linked this in system manager?

COMin_COMport AT %I* : PcComInData; (* linked to the port in the TwinCAT System Manager *)
COMout_COMport AT %Q* : PcComOutData; (* linked to the port in the TwinCAT System Manager *)

This is a manual job and you must do this in order to get communication up and running:)

Must link both in and out data and status and control

- Hans

Hey thanks for all of yours help. Yes indeed I was able to send and receive strings. Thank you so much for the help.

Cheers and keep coding!!!

Jana Sreenivasan

serial com program

I have a sample program for sending a string out the serial port (EL6001). I can email it to you if you private message me an email address.

Hi Archie

As I am new and saw that you have sample program for serial com. Appreciate if you can also send me the program.my email is [email protected]

Many Thanks.

A not regarding the EL6002 that is mentioned above. I don't exactly recall the cause, but running the first port @ 115.2kbps rendered the second port unusable. It is mentioned somewhere deep into the manual...