Beginner Citect Help

bmurphy

I am new to Citect but have managed to teach myself the basics. I understand Citect explorer and graphics builder. I have created a project including, templates, a startup page, a home page, several body pages, and navigation keys to seek through the project. I will be instructed in the use of data acquisition here at the company bt I have some smaller questions.

I am having a problem getting my home page to load after the startup page. When I run the project, the startup page loads but then the CSV_Start page loads after it. I have to click File and then select my home page to open it. How can I set the project to load immediately to the homepage after the startup page?

Thanks
BMurphy

You need to learn how to use the help !!

Specifying a Startup Page

Every CitectSCADA system must have a startup page. When you start your runtime system, the startup page is the first page CitectSCADA displays on your screen. You might want to design your own startup page to display startup information, such as the company logo.

If you want to use a special startup page for the project, draw the page and save it with the name Startup. (By default, CitectSCADA always displays a page called "Startup" when your runtime system starts.)

Note: You do not have to specify a startup page. If you do not specify a startup page, CitectSCADA displays a default startup page. The default startup page contains command buttons that you can select to display your graphics pages. You can change the name of the default startup page with the Computer Setup Wizard.

If you are using the default "StartUp" page.
Look at the properties for the startup page.
Look for WhileDisplayed
There will be some cicode running there which puts in a delay then uses Pagedisplay to display the next page.

Tragically1969. I used help for several hours and that help (what you posted) didn't help me. My problem wasn't creating a different startup page. It was loading my home page after the startup, so don't criticize me.

Greg, I looked in the properties and no cicode was running so I added the Pagedisplay. The way the help made it sound was that it would automatically load the next page. I didn't think that I neede cicode there that's all. Thanks a lot.

You can get Citect to load ANY page at startup by using the [Page]
section of the citect.ini file either add or change the "Startup=" so that it ponits to a valid page name.
If you want to keep the existing start page but get Citect to move a page of your choice after a short time delay then either do as Greg Fowlds suggested or write soem cicode that is called when the system is started and after your short time delay use PageDisplay() or similar to display the page of your choice.

Ok then you need to learn how to read

You dont need to do any cicode, you can use the computer setup wizard as specified in the help section i posted:

startup.gif

Hello Bmurphy,

I think you are using the the CSV templates and are using a splash screen at startup. I am not used to the CSV templates ours where build before the CSV include project existed.

But you might want to look at the parameter [Navigation]HomePage this specifies the page that is displayed when the home button is pressed, i suppose that this is also the page that is displayed after the splash screen.

Regards,

Marsupilami

Hello BMurphy,

you will find in the CitectHelp more information about using
CSV Include Projects.
See under the section Using CSV_Include_Projects sub section CSV_Include_Reference. The CSV_Include_Reference describe the parameters [Navigation] , [Page] ..... .
See also Citect Knowledgebase Q4143 Splash / startup screen / page appears twice for projects based on the CSV_Include project.
You can install the Citect Knowledgebase from the Citect CD.

regards,
Jochen

Hi,

For start-up Page setup Fallow the steps Given below.

Graphic Builder-tools- computer Setup Wizard-custom Setup-next-your project name choose your project -next -next again-stand alone or networked which ever you using next -next -next-next-next-next-next-next-after password window-next-next-next-next, here you can choose startup page

then next next all the way, thats how you set up the startup page.

Method2
Graphic Builder - tools - Computer setup editor- on the left hand side serch for +Page click on it then on the left bottom you have a option Section = Page , Parameter=Startup, Value = Name of your Page you want to open on start

Thats it choose the way which you feel easy,
Good Luck,