Beginner looking for direction

ctmachinist

I am new to the PLC programming world. I have 7 years experience with CNC programming and some experience setting up automation pick and place systems. Now, we have our own business and would like to learn more about PLC programming along with how to control stepper motors in a robotic arm set up. I have spent some time and money with automation directs DL-06 controller and mainly reading from different sites trying to pick up what I can. Can anyone suggest a direction to go in for a good education? Thank you.

The fact that u bought a plc to play around with and learn on is a good step forward. I too am new and learning. May I suggest logixpro500 At http://www.thelearningpit.com
That is what I did, free or paid for it's a good step in the right direction.

thanks for the advise. I will check it out. i get the concepts of inputs and outputs. Is learning the process to send specific instructions (such as location and speeds to steppers) and receiving once motion is completed a far advanced area of learning or can it be picked up at least on a basic level for a beginner?

Can anyone suggest a direction to go in for a good education? Thank you.

One way to learn is to watch this forum. When someone posts a question on how to do something, figure a way to do it with the hardware you have on hand. Don't restrict yourself to questions about AD stuff. Of course having the hardware on hand to prove your solution works is necessary. Use your common sense to decide whether or not to participate in the on going thread (don't derail a thread).