Beijers E1071 - PPP Connection

Philg

I am trying to establish a PPP connection to a Beijers E1071 touchscreen.

The Remote modem is Netcomm Mega-i-modem 56 CD2003.

The cable is a straight through to the screen (as described in E1000 Modem Workshop powerpoint example). I am able to connect to the remote modem, and the "Registering Computer on Network" message appears on my Local PC (which I assume is the Modem trying to negotiate a connection with the actual HMI), but it never registers.

Has anyone successfully set up a PPP connection with this screen? Could you please send an example of your modem string and HMI setup.

The example uses a Westermo-Modem. Do I have to perhaps use this specific modem?

Thanks.

Hi Philg,

I've tested with some different modems (Westermo, Powerbit, Sixnet etc) and I've not seen any problems.

- You should use a "normal" PC -> Modem Cable
- Make sure that both modems, PPP-settings on PC and the PPP-configuration on the terminal uses the same baudrate, no parity and 1 stopbit.
- Make sure that "Enable Modem" is enabled (TCP/IP Connection 2 -> Properties -> Modem)
- Use the following Init-string for the answering modem:

AT&F E0 V1 Q0 &C1 &D2 S7=120 S0=0 &W​

Especially S0=0 is a very important setting, the terminal needs to detect the RING himself and then send ATA to the modem (Answer).​

- Make sure that the modem is connected to the terminal while the terminal boots, otherwise the terminal will not detect RING and answer!​

- Max. supported baudrate is 19 200 (this is due to limitations in WIN CE RAS server).​

Let us know about your results,​
//Supporter​