Best PLC Wiring

In addition to the comments above, if you have unused analog input's on the same PLC card, physically short them to ground.

Sometimes unused adjacent channels can create some nasty A/D conversions.

mordred said:
good point RDast best to avoid free floating analog inputs

Been bitten by that before :)

Another 'wise practice' that I've adopted, is to put a parallel resistor directly across any analog voltage inputs, something high, 47k or so, just to make sure that if the field wiring becomes disconnected, nothing unexpected happens.

Got bitten by that once too, and had a line go from 400fpm forward to 400fpm backwards, when a third party vendor pulled a card out of his unit. It wasn't pretty.

Similar Topics

and go! I'll start. Always comment the Boolean instruction for their TRUE state. For example. It is much easier to read a normally closed contact...
Replies
Views
Good Evening . I visited a pump station sight today that has a PLC-5/11 CPU. I was given a CD with only a file with a program and extension of...
Replies
Views
Hi there PLC aficionados, I have a quick question for you. Do you use Linux in your integrator/automation engineer/Technician role? If, yes which...
Replies
Views
Any manufacture recommendation for remote I/O for Siemens PLC.
Replies
Views
We have an AB system that is connected to several CANbus networks via HMS gateways. A CAN message is comprised of upto eight, eight-bit bytes...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom