Binary to decimal conversion

Hi
I'm using a Mitsubishi PLC (FX Series) and want to convert 4 inputs from binary format to decimal.
I can do this via ladder logic using normally open and closed contacts from the 4 outputs and use them to move the equivalent decimal value to a register.
I was wondering if there was a function to do this automatically.
Or even in reverse so that I can input a decimal number, into a HMI for example, and have four outputs switching for a total combination of 16 states.
Cheers for any help offered.

I only have an older FX0 manual but it discusses moving parts of bit data into a word and also moving part of a word to bit devices. It appears to be in chunks of 4 bits. An example is MOV D10 K2M0 would move 8 bits (the lower 2 nibbles) from the word D10 to an area starting at bit M0. I hope this helps.

Your question is unclear.
There is no decimal format in PLC, only binary or BCD.
If you want to exchange 4-bit values between inputs and a register, do MOV K1X0 D0 or MOV D0 K1X0.

First use the SFTR (Bit shift Right) and then the SFTL (Bit Shift Left) to seperate the 4 bit from the input word into a 16 bit word.

Then take the 16 bit word and use the instructions TKY (Ten Key Input) or DSW (Digital Switch) to make the digital number

As far as I remember it, this will do it.

If you are using GX IEC Developer, you maybe want to use BITARR_TO_INT and INT_TO_BITARR. Define variables like this:

VAR_GLOBAL
bitArray AT %IX0: ARRAY [0..15] OF BOOL:=[16(FALSE)];
intValue AT %MW0.0: INT:=0;
END_VAR

Best regards,
Vuckovic Goran.