Blocks Used In MODBUS Comminication

vic_yubal

Masters,

Does anyone here have an Idea on what BLOCKS to be used to read/write registers using MODBUS RS-485 protocol?

I am using Unity PRO XL software and my PLC is a Quantum family which model no. 140CPU67160,HSBY. Thanks in advance.

Modbus

Hello,
may be you could take a look for the MBP_MSTR library.
You can use it from different ports such as Ethernet and RS485.

F.

I have read this block but I think it is for Modbus Plus port..I am connecting on Modbus Port only..can this block works? Is there other way to used this because I am trying this block it works only for MBP or Ethernet..Can anybody have experience on this? Thanks in Advance..

Modbus port

The 140 CPU 671 60 has a modbus port (and a modbus plus one).
When you double clic on the cpu, there is a Port Modbus tab.
This port is the RJ45 upper one in front of CPU.
I look how to adress the modbus port and tell you.

F.

Modbus

Hello,
you have to use XXMIT for use Modbus port on CPU.
Please take a look at documentation, you have to fill a lot of parameters.
Good luck !