Boiler plc logic for gate

Zinko

Hello, I have problem i'm working on boiler plc, but i get to the problem that i can't solve myself. I have problem with material gate. I need to write program that will open material gate for calculated time (based on temperature change) and then need to close it i don't know how to do it. Please help me

1. When the temperature is below the target level, open the gate.
2. Once the gate is open, start a timer.
3. When the timer reaches its preset, close the gate.
4. Once the gate is closed, start another timer.
5. When the second timer reaches its preset, check the temperature again.
6. If the temperature is above the target level, repeat step 5, otherwise go to Step 1.

Welcome to the forum.

What programminng language do you want to write this in (Siemens Ladder Logic; Allen-Bradley Structured Text; Beckhoff C)? Or is is the program not to be run on a PLC?

What programming language(s) do you know (Python; C; BASH; Fortran; etc.)?

Can you describe the program

• inputs
    • discrete: buttons; switches?
    • analog: temperature(s)?
  • outputs
    • discrete: gates; lights?
    • analog: motor speed?
  • internal calculations
    • temperature change (difference?)
    • the calculated delay, based on temperature change
?

Can you describe the details of the
calculated time (based on temperature change)
That is

• How is the temperature change calculated
  • Is it the change of a single temperature sensor's value over a specified time?
  • Or is it the difference between two separate temperature sensors' values, measured at the same time?
Please tell us whether this is a homework assignment or an actual application.

Please draw a time-based trend of how you expect the inputs, outputs, and internal states of the PLC to behave over one or more cycles.