Books recommendations please

bornwild

Hey all,

Can you guys recommend good books which can automation engineer should read. I scanned a few books on plc programming and most of them show really basic stuff. Which books you guys recommended for advanced plc alograithms, hydraulic controls. I prefer a practical books

ISBN 1-4018-4030-2
but be for warned, while it is the best one I have ever found, it is not an easy read.
Nor is it for a beginner.

I know what you mean. I'm beginning to think all the PLC books are just basic stuff. Would like to know if there is some ADVANCED programing books out there.

Also. I'm having problems finding books on advanced instrumentation. They're all simple basic as well.

I know what you mean. I'm beginning to think all the PLC books are just basic stuff. Would like to know if there is some ADVANCED programing books out there.

There is no way that you will find the book I referenced simple. I guarantee you that. I'd bet my life on it.

I use it as my bible.

There's a guy on this website named Ron Beaufort, he sells a training manual that's simple but in-depth on various subjects. Someone at my work bought it, and I looked through; seems very good. Has some good examples on various issues and how to code through them.

My opinion that almost the most complicated problem can be programmed with basic PLC functions, even it is good to do it that way.
If you want to be good "PLC guy" learn about processes - that will make you expert. That is reason why in this job best programmers are with grey hair.
My favorite is EDX platform - I'm constantly relearning basic math, calculus and physics because we do forget if we don't use it often.