Bootp issues

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
Started at a new job. Trying to bootp a L17er. Bootp will not work at all. Tried other plcs and it will not populate the MAC relation for anything. Its a windows 10 machine. I've done this quite a few times in the past and cant fig out why it will not run. Any help would be appriciated.

Since you've done this before, we'll skip the basics. One item that often gets me is the Windows firewall. Make sure it is disabled. I've had to do that before to see BootP populate.

OG

There are also some brands of antivirus software that will also prevent Bootp for working. Bootp will not work if you are running Bitdefender.

Doesn't L17ER have usb printer cable option? You should be able to plug up through that, and see it pop up on RS Linx, and then modify ip address of plc, in case you can't get your bootp to work.

BootP Blues

Could not get BootP to work with any processor. No relations would populate. This is a new facility, and this company security measures are new to me. Think its a firewall issue of some kind as mentioned above. Ended up using USB...took forever.

I was humbled by this happening on my first project at a new job....looked foolish I think...lol....took me a couple hours to get an IP on the PLC. Life is funny.