Bosch Rexroth Indramat

calypsochris

Does anyone know of a similar site for servo drives? Or does anyone know enough about Indramat ECODRIVE03 SMT-02VRS, to tackle a few questions?

I have 15 various sized MHD motors on a machine, and I have had failures related to F228 Excessive deviation.
I have now been told by the machine manufacturer, to change parameter values S-0-0159(monitoring window) to 5 mm or 5 degrees,(which ever is being monitored), and to change S-0-0228 (Position Synchronisation Window) to match S-0-0159.
My conceren, is that the parameter settings that I have been advised to change, must have been programmed with the application and optimum tolerances in mind, and are they just advising me to change these parameters to get me off their backs.(This is a question I will be asking them when I get off my dark days shift!!!)
In the meantime, I am mithering you!!.

It is a Horizontal Form Fill Seal machine, the same as used for making yoghurt products from sheet plastic. The pots are formed filled sealed cut and automatically packed on the same machine. The quality of the product, is reliant on the machine working to tight tollerances, which is why I am sceptical at opening up, (what I presume to be)tool positioning tollerences. You can see a similar machine on this link. http://www.hassiausa.com/tas.shtml

I did not use Indramat for over 3 years now, but as far as I remember these parameters have nothing to do this machine accuracy and tolerances.

They set to detect position deviation and generate alarm if necessary.
Position control will still bring the axis to the exact point.
Once move is done, this parameter starts working and will generate alarm if your device moved from the position more than this value.

I am pretty sure, that you can disable this alarm or make it warning.

Last edited:
I see!

Is there any way, or do you know how, I can best utilise the information available to me from the servos, to monitor their condition, and identify possible failures before they actually happen. Such as temperatures, increased loading etc??

You can monitor the maximum deviation that a drive is seeing while it is running in parameter P-0-0098, Max. model deviation. Take the value from that parameter in normal running operation, add a cushion and that is the value you want to set in S-0-0159, Monitoring window. Normally an excessive deviation should only occur in the case of a jam or other mechanical problem. 5mm or 5 degress are tight tolerances for a monitoring window on most machines and have nothing to do with the position loop.

There are some tools built into the "DriveTop" software for monitoring the drive from your PC - if that is how you want to monitor it.

From the basic "Operating Mode" screen you can monitor current, position, velocity, torque, etc. From the "Extras" menu you can select "Oscilloscope" to monitor various signals and variables (position, torque, position error, temperature, etc.) on your PC.

Or, you could select "Analog Output" from the "Extras" menu to program the analog outputs to generate a voltage signal that is a function of the internal signals and variables. You could monitor the analog output signal with an oscilloscope.