Braking Region for Induction Motor

bodoo23

As you know there are three region for induction motor's operating. What I'd like to ask if motor is regenerating energy during plugging which means braking region ? One experienced collegue told me motor is regenerating energy when the torque and speed is in reverse direction. According to him, it is regenerative in that region but I couln't be sure about it.
What are your opinions ?

Torque-Slip-Characteristic-3.jpg

Not when plugging. Plugging means you are reversing the direction of the magnetic field rotation while the load is continuing to move in its original direction.

The only time a motor gets into the regeneration region is if the magnetic field rotation is LOWER than the physical rotation, and only WHILE the magnetic field rotation is in that region of negative slip.