Bubba to Technical Genius - Where do you stand?

PLC Involvement?

• huh? P,L... what?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Student/Hobbyist

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Field or In-House technician

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • In-House design/engineer

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Integrator - design/engineer (Controls Engineer designing control systems)

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Freelance tech/design/engineer

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • OEM Support Staff

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • OEM Design/Engineer (EE/CS engineer designing PLC technology)

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I host [url]www.plcs.net[/url] (this option reserved for Phil)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am a Field Service Tech originally working for a privately owned company. A large Electronics company that also does PLC's wanted the rights to the VFD's we brand labeled. My original company was an OEM/INTEGRATOR/SERIVCE company. That made buying the whole company attractive. They bought us and I now work for a large Electronics company that is a well known PLC mfgr.

I am becoming somewhat of a small project engineer now. But I still get to sweep the floors when I get done building a panel. Yesterday I was in a rather large refinery starting 6 VFD's. We got 5 done and shortly I get to go back. Hopefully they got the grounded motor lead fixed and we can start the 6th one. Then we can run the motors connected to the large fans and tune them.
When I get done there, I will work on a small plc controlled cement mixer.

Working my way back to Bubba

In house Service to Field Service to Engineering but just want to be a Bubba somtimes.

I am very definately in the 2 categories Integrator and Freelance design etc.

I have no desire to ever work for a boss again (except she who must be obeyed of course)!