OT: Bubba does work here

James Mcquade

We all joke about how Bubba does everything, and I do it also.
Today, I found out that there is an individual here who is named Bubba
and has worked here for 35 years in the maintenance department.

In other words, I (we) need to be careful when we say Bubba did it because Bubba may be innocent.

regards,
james

I always blame Don Johnson. I had a real piece of **** working for me (for a short period until the boss finally let me fire him) that was quick to say "sure, I fix photocopiers" and caused $5,000 damages to one. (Insert more items he could "fix" and more damages here) His name was Don Johnson.

My bubba's name at the moment is "Darryl" 35 years experience, was supposedly Chief Electrician on a drill ship before he got here and had a resume a mile long.
So far he cant do half the stuff his resume said he can, and each time I return I have to fix the mess he has created.
Then he has the nerve to still think he is king of the world. (electrically speaking)

One of us will be leaving this boat very soon. :mad:

BCS

We all joke about how Bubba does everything, and I do it also.
Today, I found out that there is an individual here who is named Bubba
and has worked here for 35 years in the maintenance department.

In other words, I (we) need to be careful when we say Bubba did it because Bubba may be innocent.

regards,
james

I also have a guy named Bubba that has been with the company 29 years but he is on the mechanical crew and does zero electrical so I am covered.

I often refer to the china man who has done something that no one knows anything about. The ask what was his name; is say 'some c$nt'

This is aussie humour too boys, so don't get your knickers in a twist...

My bubba's name at the moment is "Darryl" 35 years experience, was supposedly Chief Electrician on a drill ship before he got here and had a resume a mile long.
So far he cant do half the stuff his resume said he can, and each time I return I have to fix the mess he has created.
Then he has the nerve to still think he is king of the world. (electrically speaking)

BCS

I got excited for a moment and thought that my Darryl Bubba had gone to sea with you and left me alone. I can say one thing about him, 2 red seal tickets in electrical, power engineer, and certified safety officer don't mean poop if all your years have been spent sitting in a warm up shack in fort Mac. Couldn't wire his way out of a wet paper bag or start up our ref. plant.
!!!!No more HR interviews for technical positions!!!!!

(((((Not to bad mouth Fort Mac, I have earned my small fair share there))))))

BCS

I have met a few of those around vessels :)

Similarly to bubbas:

I find that just about any work story involving a someone named "Kenny" is a complete screwup. Kens are fine though.

Had a guy I worked with, we'll call him Buddy. Buddy was a 4th year electrician apprentice before he came here, ended up getting canned for taking a pair of cutters to a live conduit because he couldn't trace the circuit to shut something off.

Anyway, I got called in one morning for a small mixer. Agitator wouldn't run. It was on a small VFD. Buddy had "fixed" it temporarily. So I opened the panel to see what he did. I am greeted by a 480vac motor starter hanging by the wires. He had used the Line terminals on the drive as a junction, tied in a motor starter--without mounting it--and then wired a selector switch (120volts) to the coil to turn it on and off. The selector switch was lying on the bottom of the enclosure.

The actual problem was the analog input on the PLC went bad.

His name is Sean. As in "Damn it Sean how could you possibly have snapped of that 3/4 inch bolt?", or "Why didn't you tighten down those hose clamps Sean?", or "The machine was running like a dream when I left, Sean why did you change 7 of 10 parameters, then call me at 11PM asking for help to get the line running again?" "Why, Sean why?";)

His name is Sean. As in "Damn it Sean how could you possibly have snapped of that 3/4 inch bolt?", or "Why didn't you tighten down those hose clamps Sean?", or "The machine was running like a dream when I left, Sean why did you change 7 of 10 parameters, then call me at 11PM asking for help to get the line running again?" "Why, Sean why?";)

I will assume from this that you will not be naming your next Male Child, Grand Child or God Child Sean? :D

oops

BCS
Hope he can swim well.