Build an analog filter in logic

Here is a good picture of Steve's filter at work.
This is still 0.3 for K1....I may go to 0.05 to try to smooth it out more.

I may also try Mickey's logic.

jseavers......
Is the "Time" register setting the same range (0.000 to 1.000) as the filter from Steve?

Filter-Microns.jpg

Last edited:
There are slightly more advanced filters that would filter even more. The obvious thing to do is to use the output of one low pass filter as the input to another low pass filter. Basically it is two filters in series.

Duh...of course...just do the filter logic in series......Filter the Filtered Value..

I guess the limit on how many filters I could stack up (to attempt a near straight line) depends on scan time?

I have a 0-10V vacuum signal that is converted to 0-1000 microns and I want to keep the noise to 0.5 microns (0.05 volts).

The 0-10V analog out of the vacuum gauge (Televac MX4A) is 16 Bit and linear to 0-1000 microns.
The analog in PLC module (GE RX3I IC695ALG442) has a resolution of 2.5mV.
The cpu converts the 0-10V (from the analog in module) to 0-32000 counts.

Last edited:
As a revisit...
Here are both filters at work.
Red - Unfiltered
Green - Steve Bailey's filter
Yellow - Mickey's filter

Time on both filters - 0.15

Filter-Compare-Microns.jpg