BX9000 Communications With RSLogix 5000

Portlyjent

Hi, Bit new here but have a pressing issue. I am trying to establish communications with a Beckhoff BX9000 through ethernet to a Logix5000 rack containing an ENBT/A and a 5561 processor. I only need to read data from the Beckhoff and so far there doesn't seem to be a method to bridge the TwinCat ADS/ TCP Modbus to RSLogix's OPC/ TCP IP any suggestions?

Since your ControlLogix doesn't implement either of the Ethernet-based network protocols that the Beckhoff I/O base does, you need some sort of interface or gateway.

The simplest and fastest would be a MVI56-MNET module from Prosoft, to read data using Modbus/TCP from the Beckhoff device.

There are several standalone gateway devices that will also do this, from Prosoft or HMS Fieldbus or even Digi.