C-More Find & Replace?

CJlikesCHAIRS

Does C-More 6.21 have a find a replace tool? Similar to excel or FTV?

Any help would be nice, I have to make 6 copies of the same screen but with a 1,2,3,4,5,6 in the tag names. Would be really nice to just search & replace an object/screen.

https://www.automationdirect.com/c-more/software-help

Replace: The Replace tool allows you to change characters in the Tag Name. For example, all Tag Names that include “WEST” can be changed to include “EAST”. This tool will change the Tag Names everywhere they appear in the project.

Import / Export: Import or Export will allow you to Import an existing Tag Name Database from an .XLS, .CSV or .l5K format or save the Tag Name Database as an .XLS or .CSV format to Export.

Yes you can export, use the find and replace and then import your tag database.
Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

I found that info before I had posted, and sadly it does not help.

I'm looking to duplicate a screen, then change one number in every tag on every object. Based on the way I created the PLC program, this makes a PV+ project go very fast. I was hoping there was something similar on C-More.

I haven't found a clean way to do this in the Cmore programming software.

But, I can think of a round-a-bout way to do it.

Add the screen in question to your screen Library.
Add the screen from your Library into a new project.

From there, export the tags, modify their addresses in Excel, and import them again into your new project. When you get duplicate tag names on import, you get the option to overwrite the tags in the project.

Then add the new screen to your Library (same tag names with different addresses) and when you add the new screen to your old project it will create copies (with a (1) on them) of the tags with the new addresses on the objects for that new screen.

I tested it with a project I had that had a list of 16 displayed tags. Moved the screen to a blank project, exported the database, quickly changed the tag addresses in Excel, imported the database back into my blank project, overwriting the duplicates. Then saved the new screen to my library and added back into the original project. Created two duplicate screens with copied tag names that had different addresses.

It sounds a bit complicated, but it can actually go pretty fast if done right. I could see it saving time on duplicate screens with lots of similar tag layouts.