can a overheating computer cause touch screen problems

bornwild

[FONT=tahoma,verdana,sans-serif]can a overheating computer cause touch screen problems. Hmi screen on the operator side is causing a lot of problems. I tried to calibrate but no use. I also increased sample frequency . The mouse pointer is automatically moving to centre of the screen and selectiing a program automatically. This is real pain. can some help me out asap[/FONT]

I have seen the mouse pointer move across a screen but I have never seen it select a program by itself. It sounds a lot more like someone is messing with you by using remote access.

Bryan

I have seen the mouse pointer move across a screen but I have never seen it select a program by itself. It sounds a lot more like someone is messing with you by using remote access.

Bryan

can i know how did u solve the problem. it is a touch screen monitor connected to pc where the operator controls the process. If i am not wrong it had touchwave software on it

I have dealt with this twice in the past year on different AB industrial computers. As soon as you moved the mouse with your finger it would go to it's stuck location and arbitrarily open programs etc. The customer did not want to purchase a new one and I could not disable the touch screen from the control panel. I dismantled the unit and unplugged the touch screen and provided them with a cheap mouse.

I have dealt with this twice in the past year on different AB industrial computers. As soon as you moved the mouse with your finger it would go to it's stuck location and arbitrarily open programs etc. The customer did not want to purchase a new one and I could not disable the touch screen from the control panel. I dismantled the unit and unplugged the touch screen and provided them with a cheap mouse.

I wish i could do that. But i don't think my boss would agree.o_O

I have seen improvements in touch screen reactions by getting some lens cleaner and giving the surface of the screen a good clean, just don't be rough about it, take your time.

The lens cleaner I have used is the same liquid spray type I use on my glasses.

I also would encourage the use of a mouse, so as to keep the grubby hands off the screen