X0 Y0
----| |----|-----------( )
| X1 Y5
|----|/|----( )
| M10
|-----------( )

M10 Y1
----| |----------------( )

We won't do your homework for you. Show us what you have and ask specific questions -- we're glad to help. But don't expect us to do it for you!

Hi ojz0r.Thank you very much for the reply....i am new to this topic n it says x0 turns output y0 and y5 and then x1 turns output y5.this is the first stepits all my understanding....

Hi...ozee .thank you very much for at least reading my post and giving me some reply....i searched web for more than 3 hours and i got some understanding .but why i posted the same question means i want to see the perfect answer...thats it my friend ...i don't mean anybody to work for me sir.if you understand like that...i am very sorry....anyway thank you very much for your reply

What answer do you have?

This is obviously a homework assignment. Homework is rarely assigned for material that hasn't been covered already in class or in the textbook.

If you're looking for more help, look at the top of this page -- there's a link to the online tutorial. Perhaps this would be a good place for you to get more information than is provided in the class.

If you're concerned about the answer that you've been able to generate, show us your solution or ask us a specific question. We love to teach and help you learn, but without you demonstrating that you've at least tried...

Some basic fundamentals. Each sentence or statement can be a rung of logic. Generally speaking, you can use the same input address on as many rungs as are needed.You should only use the same output address on one rung. There are exceptions of course. With practice you will learn how to combine rungs.
Basic logic statements are:
1. This input and another input make the output do something.
2. This input or another input make the output do something.
Maybe this is too simple but on the other hand, maybe it will help you get started.

Last edited:
hi ozee
can i try this in this way...

----|x0 |----|-----------(y0 )
----|x0 |----|-----------(y5 )

X1 Y5
----|/|-------------------( )
M10
----|x0 |---------------( )

M10 Y1
----| |----------------( )

the question again is
a/ Input – X0 -> turns Output – y0, y5
Input X1 –turns OFF y5, but y0 stays ON
b/ Input X0 -> turns Internal Bit M10 and Output Y0
M10 -> turns Output Y1

Do you have the EXACT wording of the assignment?

Does the a/, b/ notation represent some type of time based instruction?

Your wording is confusing to say the least.

Are you trying to derive a ladder diagram for a particular model of PLC?

It is difficult to help without further information.

hi sir,
those a) and b) are just two parts of assignment...thats it and it has nothing to do with that.....
this is for MISTUBISHI and i am using MELSOFT SERIES GX DEVELOPER

Last edited:
a/ Input – X0 -> turns Output – y0, y5 (ON? OFF?)

Input X1 –turns OFF y5, but y0 stays ON

b/ Input X0 -> turns Internal Bit M10 and Output Y0 (ON? OFF?)

M10 -> turns Output Y1 (ON? OFF?)

I'll assume 'turns' means 'turns ON'

OK -
what affects Y0 - it looks like X0, and X0 again. There's something said about X1 but in a negative way as if X1 doesn't affect it at all. So, if X0 then Y0 (that's one rung)

What affects Y1 - it looks like M10 which is affected by X0. So if X0 then M10 and Y1 (that's another rung)

But the troublesome point is Y5. It's affected by X0 and by X1. If X0 is on then Y5 is ON but if X1 is on then Y5 is OFF. OK - what happens if X0 is ON and X1 is ON - then what? Your assignment doesn't say. You'll have to resolve that point before you can design the rung.