Can anyone help me write a PLC code using Mitsubishi Melsoft GX Developer?

Here is the Mitsubishi site to download the free demo version (after you register a user account, supposedly - I got the confirmation Email after about 30 minutes). This is something called Melsoft IQ Works, which may not be 100% compatible with GX Developer. Also if you register, you can download the free copy of Alpha Software PCS/Win, which is the programming software for the Mitsubishi Alpha microcontroller PLC.

http://www.mitsubishi-automation.com/productframe.php?filename=mysoftware/demo.php

Here is a free download for Mitsubishi GX Developer version 8.25 (limited to 1000 steps).
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=526

Last edited:
My computer at work uses version 8, which may be why the file from Dave was being read as corrupted. But anyway, that is great to have. I will download them on my home computer now that I know they are available. Maybe with more practice I will hate it less.

Here is the Mitsubishi site to download the free demo version (after you register a user account, supposedly - I got the confirmation Email after about 30 minutes). This is something called Melsoft IQ Works, which may not be 100% compatible with GX Developer. Also if you register, you can download the free copy of Alpha Software PCS/Win, which is the programming software for the Mitsubishi Alpha microcontroller PLC.

http://www.mitsubishi-automation.com/productframe.php?filename=mysoftware/demo.php

Here is a free download for Mitsubishi GX Developer version 8.25
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=526

Dave, that is great! I think it will be a good start for Bebenona. Probably you did not see the small addition (change) that I made to my rung 003 (your Rung 16). On the branch next to the M1 contact, there will need to be a T1 normally closed contact to stop the timer after some time period (actual time needed unknown at this point). M1 keeps the timer running until the Stamper and Wheel are reset, but then needs to drop out.

Also, on your Rung 4, the comparsion block should look at T1, not T0. We want the Parts Wheel to reset when T1 reaches some time value (unknown but I guessed as 3 seconds). That is one reason that I used comparison instructions instead of just the timer bit, so that one timer could be used to reset both the stamper and the wheel. The wheel will need to stay on until some time (I guessed as 1 second) after the stamper is deenergized, to give the stamper time to retract out of the way.

Last edited:
I am excited! I am in the process of typing this up and then I will run downstairs and see how it works. I will keep you both posted!

Bebenona, be sure to make the two changes that I mentioned in Post #20.

PS: Can we get a photo of you running down the stairs excitedly? (y)

Last edited:
It works!! Thank you both so much!

it needs one quick tweek though. How could I add a delay between the wheel sensor coming on and the stamper moving?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. I think the excitement made it hard to reason through the code. But anyway, it is perfect! I feel a million times better. Thank you both so incredibly much! :geek:

Last edited:
How did you add the delay? One way is to insert another rung between 11 and 16, put a third timer T2 on it, triggered by the NO X002 Wheel Sensor. Use a NO timer T2 contact from the new timer, in place of the X002 Wheel Sensor on Rung 16, to turn on the Stamper after some short delay.

Because you can use comparison instructions, the easiest method is to insert a "T1 Greater Than Kxx" comparison on Rung 16 right next to the old "T1 < K20". You can make the Kxx be whatever time you need to wait after the Wheel Sensor goes on, but make sure it is less than the other comparison that cuts off the stamper (originally 20).

Did you use the original settings for T0, or did you have to make adjustments (how close did I guess)?

Last edited:
I added the delay by adding another comparision timer. I guess I learned something today ;)

I will upload the final code when I am done tweeking the timings so that you can see how close you came!

Please do upload your code. I now have the free version of Mitsubishi GX Developer 8.25 running, and I need a program to try with it.

Thanks, Bebe. I tried to load your program on Mitsubishi GX Developer-FX, version 8.25, but it was a wash-out. What a convoluted, poorly-organized program - apparently it lost a lot of user-friendly features in the translation from Japanese. I could not even find the T0 timer instruction. The only timer that I could find was the TTM "teaching timer", not the same thing at all. After 2 hours, I gave up, just glad that I do not actually have to use that program for serious work.

Last edited: