Can Anyone help with GE panelview

davexr

i am trying to calculate the aproximate time a machine run will end. i have figured out how long the run will take, depending on line speed, but when i add it to the current time i will end up with a time greater than 2400 some of the time. if i subtract 24 from the time it seems to work but if the run is real long i still end up with a time past 2400. i just would like to know if there is an easier way. i am trying to do most of this with the touchscreen using the view scripting. am done working for the week so wont be on until next week but any info would be great. thanks

In Excel, (Now() + 1) equals one day from the current time. (Now() + 0.04166667) equals one hour from the current time (0.04166667 = 1/24 of a day). (Now() + 0.000694444) equals one minute from the current time.
If the VBScript in the QP has the same functionality as Excel, use it. The QP's VeiwScript doesn't have as extensive a function set as its VBScript.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as a "GE panelview" and I have been working with the GE PLC/HMI stuff since 1989.
If you are referencing the QucickPanel View, then yes. The "Scripting" language within it lets you do almost anything that you can imagine. However to give you details or even point you into the right direction a little more detail is needed. There are many VBScript "Time/Date" system variables that can be converted to "INTegers" and do math on them. What 'data type' is your 'time' in?

i am trying to calculate the aproximate time a machine run will end. i have figured out how long the run will take, depending on line speed, but when i add it to the current time i will end up with a time greater than 2400 some of the time. if i subtract 24 from the time it seems to work but if the run is real long i still end up with a time past 2400. i just would like to know if there is an easier way. i am trying to do most of this with the touchscreen using the view scripting. am done working for the week so wont be on until next week but any info would be great. thanks

the time is in 24 hour clock but i would like to show it on a twelve hour. and yes it is a quick panelview. the time is an array from which i took the hours, which are intergers, and added the time that the run would take to it. I then placed that into an array and displayed the hours. Since i'm unfamiliar with the scripting its hard to figure out the wording that i need. Steve Bailey, i will try the vbscript and see if that works. i am real new to the scripting part, but i think it would be a good thing to know for the future. diat150, if i can't get it to do what i want i will probably do it in the PLC i'm pretty sure i can make it work that way, but since i've been given the ok to play im going to. ;) Thanks everyone for your input. it is greatly appreciated.