Can anyone recommend a good GSM texting 'box'

Thank you for your replies but most of these suggestions are not what I am looking for.
They may however help someone asking in the future.

I think I am going to go with these (the one's I mentioned with a free sim)
http://www.dealec.co.uk/acatalog/gs...-gsm-ad.html?gclid=CMTmzoDjjL0CFagBwwod-5oA1Q

It says it's a Giff-Gaff SIM that comes with it. (Giff-Gaff uses the O2 network).

Calls and texts will only be free to other Giff-Gaff users.

£7.50 a month (recurring) will give you 200 free calls minutes to others, and free unlimited texts to all UK mobiles and landlines. Be careful when the people who it sends SMS messages to go on holiday !!

...Be careful when the people who it sends SMS messages to go on holiday !!
LOL, reminds me that I once did a SCADA system for a very small rural municipal well system and they had the entire town show up to the training session, about 50 people crowded into a pumphouse. When it came time for me to program the SMS system with names and numbers, the first 5 people at the top of the list were those that did not bother to show up, "volunteered" by those that did!

It says it's a Giff-Gaff SIM that comes with it. (Giff-Gaff uses the O2 network).

Calls and texts will only be free to other Giff-Gaff users.

£7.50 a month (recurring) will give you 200 free calls minutes to others, and free unlimited texts to all UK mobiles and landlines. Be careful when the people who it sends SMS messages to go on holiday !!

Thanks for that. I knew there would be a catch.
And the holiday thing (or indisposed) I hadn't thought of that.
I shall have to program an HMI screen where they can take themselves off the calling list for a period.