can cygnet Scada read/write Rockwell plc UDT Data?

wilsonzhu

Hi,

I have a question, Can cygnet scada system read/write Rockwell controllogix PLC UDT Data? Does it have OPC client? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
cygnet is a pretty secretive about their technology. I am quite sure that it is capable of doing what you ask. the best thing to do would be to call and ask.

Wilson,

I am in the middle of a project with a Control Logix and Cygnet system. The HMI designer is using RSLinx OPC Client to access ALL controller tags. Zero Issues.

If you need more in depth assistance on setup, let me know and I will do my best to provide.

K

Thanks, do you need an special UDT (continuous block) for HMI to read/write between Controllogix to improve communication efficency?

Wilson,

I am in the middle of a project with a Control Logix and Cygnet system. The HMI designer is using RSLinx OPC Client to access ALL controller tags. Zero Issues.

If you need more in depth assistance on setup, let me know and I will do my best to provide.

K

Not really necessary. Once you have the connection established, you have access to all the controller tags. I use many different UDT's in the program and he has no problem hitting all digital, analog, modbus, callout, alarm or any other of the UDT tags.

If you are familiar .csv importing/exporting you can export all the controller tags, massage the layout a little and then Cygnet can import them, just like that all tags are in and there.

The system we are currently working on has roughly 900 tags being read by Cygnet and we have had zero issues.

I hope this helps.

K

Not really necessary. Once you have the connection established, you have access to all the controller tags. I use many different UDT's in the program and he has no problem hitting all digital, analog, modbus, callout, alarm or any other of the UDT tags.

If you are familiar .csv importing/exporting you can export all the controller tags, massage the layout a little and then Cygnet can import them, just like that all tags are in and there.

The system we are currently working on has roughly 900 tags being read by Cygnet and we have had zero issues.

I hope this helps.

K

900 tags, wow. Makes my small projects seem so futile. On a side note, if you're a flames fan, I have to hit you with a GO KINGS GO, as i'm a hardcore Kings/Hockey nut.

Haha, I will say this is actually one of the bigger projects I have done to date, 1 ten and 2 seventeen slot racks.

Flames broke my heart in '94, I was young and Pavel Bure ruined my life. I am an Oilers fan and will be patiently waiting for a few years for them to develop......The kings are poised to be really good in the upcoming years.

You're in SoCal? Is there a lot of automation down there? I do 90% Oil & Gas myself, just curious.....it's a lot nicer down there!

Its a good time to be an Oilers fan. It must be fun watching those kids develop. Taylor Hall, Nugent-Hopkins (Who I assume EDM will draft one of), Eberle, Sam Gagner, Pajaarvi, Cogliano.. WOW.

The Oil is a solid goaltender away from being one hell of a force. I remember a Oilers/Kings game I attended this year. Wow those kids can skate.

BTW, Thanks for Stoll and Greene, I love those two.

I'm sure there is plenty of automation out this way. However, Im using PLC's and HMI to control individual pieces of equipment so I never get to dip a toe into heavy automation. I wish that wasn't the case. I enjoy working with PLC's.

Can I get help?

Thank you for your conversion, and I am a new CygNet user and never have experience about how to read tags from Controllogix PLC by using CygNet, would you mind give me some application or documents that I can use for build a testing SCADA? I appreciate, and wish to get your reply.:whistle::whistle: