Can I make RS232 and RS422 of Redlion G07S at same time?

Ya-hoo

I want my HMI G07S sending data to both serial port RS232 and RS422 at same time, is it possible? if not, how can I switch the port programmatically?

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Ya-hooo

Hello OkiePC,

Thanks for your reply.

I was confused when I read the RedLion manual because it states that if either port is used for a slave protocol, the other port will be unavailable.
I am not sure if both port should be slave protocol in my application, the Redlion HMI will send data through both serial port to rig.

I appreciate your help.

Hello OkiePC,

Thanks for your reply.

I was confused when I read the RedLion manual because it states that if either port is used for a slave protocol, the other port will be unavailable.
I am not sure if both port should be slave protocol in my application, the Redlion HMI will send data through both serial port to rig.

I appreciate your help.

I'm just jumping in with a comment without addressing your main question. Your original post says that the G07 will be sending data and then in your second, you reference slave protocols.

In my experience, "sending" uses a master protocol, "replying" or the like uses a slave protocol (via gateway blocks) so wouldn't apply to your situation.

If you want to clarify what you are doing and what devices you will be communicating with, we can probably provide additional help if you still need it.