Can i use a faceplate in wincc flex to create a dynamically changing button?

Ben2m

Hello everyone,

I have created a faceplate in wincc flex and i can change the color of, for example, a button based on tagvalues i import from a plc. I am however at this point only able to do so when i manually press a button to change the color.

I was wondering if its possible to have a vb script running in my faceplate that in runtime (without me manually pressing buttons) evaluates several tags and displays the button according to the values those tags have.

So if for example "enabled" and "manual" are high the button is pressable and blue and if enabled is low and manual low the button is lightgrey and not pressable.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Ben

You dont need a faceplate or scripts to do that.

Add appearance animation to the button, and link the animation to the tag.
Then setup the color combination that you need the tag values to correspond to.
That is all.

unfortunatly that doesnt do the trick :)

I need a button that can change into several colors and be enabled or not. Which in my current setup means i have to have several buttons layered ontop of eachother. The idea is to do it in one go this time, using a faceplate ;)

anyone?

Last edited:
How about that you try my suggestion.
You can have as many colors as you like.

With "Enabled or not" do you mean someone has to log-on to use the button, or should it be allowed/blocked from doing something ?
If it is the former, please explain a bit more.
If it is the latter, do the allowing/blocking in the PLC program, and use the color animation to show grey colors when the button is inactive. That is how I do it.

Its the latter and it needs to be enabled or not in wincc, not the plc.

I understand what you use, but thats not the funtionality im searching for. Id like to do the enabling in wincc too and use multiple colors based on several tags.

As Jesper says, you can put a tag in the "Visibility" properties of the button to show or hide it dependant on a value in the PLC.

For the colours, you would just use the "Appearance" properties.

Create a tag that's linked to a markerword (or byte) in your software. For example MB 10.

In the appearance properties, change the colour of your button dependant on the tag.

1 = Red / White
2 = Blue / White

etc etc

Then do all the logic in the PLC.

If condition 1 AND condition 2 are true put a 1 into MB 10.

If condition 1 AND NOT condition 2 then put a 2 into MB 10

etc etc

;-)