can someone convert this rss file to pdf?

well for some reason my computer has it associated as an outlook file and trys to open it as at text file when i double click on it. there is alot of jiberish in the file when it opens, but i can read this

Document=RSLogix_500_Project/&H00000000
Name="VBALogixProject"
HelpContextID="0"
VersionCompatible32="393222000"
CMG="EEEC3125F1FDDB01DB01DB01DB01"
DPB="DCDE03531F4020402040"
GC="CAC81549024A024AFD"

which would indicate it is indeed a rss file correct?

Since you don't have RSLogix500 on that machine, windows must think its a rss feed.

I tried 7zip to look at the contents and it doesn't match the structure of any of the rss files I have on this machine.

well i am trying to, but he is just going to send the same file. it may be a 10+ year old file. would this affect anything? also, how long has the slc 5/05 been around?

tell him to zip the file up before he sends it. Ive seen rss files get screwed up by emailing them using yahoo email and such.

well i am trying to, but he is just going to send the same file. it may be a 10+ year old file. would this affect anything? also, how long has the slc 5/05 been around?

If it is truly a file created with RSLogix, then it should be readable. Have him try to open it before sending it. I am not sure how long the 5/05 has been around...Ken Roach would have that answer, and might be able to help you with this file...maybe he'll get on here later.

here is an example of one that got messed up by emailing without zipping it up. this was from a gmail account. change the extension back to RSS before opening it.

I'm just guessing here as I know very little about this. Using a HexEditor I saw reference to VBA and VBE. In my version of RSLogix there is mention of a VisualBasic Editor in the help files.
Here is a C&P of that help file:

Copy & Paste:
Visual Basic for Applications

Note: You can Create, Edit, and Run VBA when you use RSLogix 500 Professional software. You can only Run your VBA code when you are using RSLogix 500 Standard (Base) software.
In order to provide expanded automation solutions, RSLogix 500 Professional includes Visual Basic for Applications. This functionality allows you to add and edit Visual Basic code with the RSLogix 500 Professional development environment. VBA works with the RSLogix 500 Professional object model and is stored in the RSS file.

My conclusion is that you would need RSLogix 500 Professional to open this file. I could be entirely wrong, just trying to help.

Any logic program converted to PDF

Download primoPDF, or any other PDF free converter, It will appear like a new printer how primopdf in this case.

Print your program like regular but choose that new printer and that it you have PDF file, but don't forget you can't use that one because is like a scanned pages.

I hope it will be usefull.