Can someone please help me create a save button ?

jsalzm1

Im trying to create a save button that will allow the data once inserted in the form, save to a notepad file. The file can be accessed later for records. But I need to be able to save the information into notepad using Visual Basic. Can anyone help? a picture should be attached of the form

the DISPLAY HOSE button will be used later. Please ignore

Capture.jpg

To create a text file in VB:

Code:
Dim textfile As New System.IO.StreamWriter("file path")
textfile.WriteLine("First Line")
textfile.WriteLine("Second Line")
textfile.close
The above will create a file, you just have to specify the path (including file name and extension). It's up to you on how you want it formatted. I'd recommend just creating a basic file with "Hello World" in it so that you know how it works, then start adding your information to it.

If you want to get to a location like the users Desktop you can use:

Code:
Dim filepath as string = system.environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Desktop))
This will return something like "C:\Users\myusername\Desktop"

Last edited: