Can you explain Rockwell BootP Server

IN RSLINX configure the EherNet/IP Driver to detect the device it should scan and find it. After it finds it then right click on the device in the network tree and choose Module configuration then go to the Port Configuration tab. You can reset the address there instead of using BootP.

IN RSLINX configure the EherNet/IP Driver to detect the device it should scan and find it. After it finds it then right click on the device in the network tree and choose Module configuration then go to the Port Configuration tab. You can reset the address there instead of using BootP.

I'll give this a try. Thanks

RDrast is correct that it will not find connections unless the subnets are the same. But if you right click on the EtherIP Driver in the window tree and select Drive Diagnostics you will see all devices that are connected even with different sub's. As shown in the picture below. My Laptop is set to 192.168.0.123 and the driver found 192.168.0.46 ENBT/ A Ethernet card. But the Driver Diagnostics shows 192.168.135.1 ENBT/A Ethernet card also.
This is something I just discovered after RDrast made his post. So maybe we all learned something new. Good Luck with your project.

Chris

EthnetIP.jpg