Can't add Virtual Backplane USB driver

MartyMaucher

I've got a CompactLogix plugged in by USB and the computer seems to see it. But when I try to add the Virtual Backplane USB driver in RSLinx Classic Lite, the Add New button greys out - only for that driver.

Win 7 Pro, 64 bit laptop.
Logix 5000 v29

Any ideas?

AddNewGrey.jpg

There is only one Virtual Backplane...and you are using it by being connected to the CompactLogix USB port using the already active AB_VBP-1 driver...

Ok. When I delete the AB-VBP driver and add the one that says USB, I'm expecting to see the 1769-L36ERM controller in the tree. But, not seeing it. Hmmmm....

usb1.PNG

Last edited:
Logix controllers connected to a RSLinx running PC via USB will install themselves (automatically) via a 'self-configured' Virtual Backplane driver.

Disconnect the CompactLogix; delete the existing VBP driver; reconnect the CompactLogix and 'Refresh' RSWho - the VBP driver will be installed automatically and when expanded will show the USB connection to the CPU.