Can't Convert 1756-L83E to Emulate?

No, the software doesn't let you do this. What I do is create a new project with the Emulate CPU, export the program parts from the project with the CPU, and import into the Emulate project. Then you have to delete parts of the program that refer to hardware tags.
Copy or import your UDT first, then tags. I found that copy is easier. You can copy them.

Hello

I did what you said.

But I/O tree is not appearing, only the CPU ( In the new L71.ACD file).

It is strange, because in the L82.L5K the I/O tree appears.

Maybe because the L82E has an integrated Ethernet port where it has several modules, and the L71 has not integrated Ethernet port?

So, should I need to add each module manually i the new L71.ACD?

Thanks again
Emulator does not support ethernet module. You can only have the set I/O modules. It is very limited selection. Softlogix allows ethernet module. Don't expect Emulator to do everything.

Piece of Cake

I found it real easy:

1. Export original L83 program to LK5, open in notepad.
2. Create dummy L73 program, export to lk5, open in notepad
3. Copy only the controller portion text from the L73 LK5 to the L83 LK5 file in notepad (overwrite the L83 controller portion with the L73 text).
4. Save the L83 LK5 file from notepad, then import it back into Studio 5000.

Easy as pie!!!

I had to edit an L5K file in a text editor to change the controller and version.

The easiest way is to create a new ACD with an Emulate controller, export it to L5K, and export your own ACD to L5K, then copy the program parts from your L5K to the new L5K, save, and reimport.

Of course, you're going to have errors for any missing real I/O, because you can't match your real I/O to Emulate I/O. This is where if you have a I/O mapping routine, it's easy just to delete the routine and JSR in your Emulate ACD.