Can't delete application FactoryTalkVIew SE

Willheisen

Hello everyone!

I have several FTV SE (local station) applications on my PC.
When I want to delete the old ones (with Application Manager of course), I have a message saying that the HMI project is still in use.
So I can't delete it.

Do you know how to solve that, please?

Sometimes some services (related to FTV) are still monitoring the application. That's the reason you ca't delete the applications

The easy way is rebooting your PC before using Application Manager. Or if you have time, you could try to identify the services that are blocking the applications.

Not the client isn't running.
I have reboot the PC and before all open Application manager to delete the project.I tried this several times.
But no luck
SE version 8.10

OK. Are you using the Alarm and Events server? Try using the SE services manager to turn off the services first.

In the Windows menu, FactoryTalk View, Tools. If you are using A&E, you may have to delete the server and then try the Application Manager to delete it.

I closed the HMI server and then deleted the A&E server in a project and then succeeded in deleteing the application in Application Manager.
But I tried the same with the two last ones project (after re open and re close the HMI server.=> same issue.

What do you mean reopen and close the server? Reboot the machine, but don't open any of the projects. Use Application Manager to delete them.

After rebooting the PC, I have deleted successfully all the applications!!
So, to summarize, I have to:
1) close the HMI server using SE service manager.
2) delete the A & E server in the project.
3) reboot the machine and delete the application.

Am I right?

For reasons I don't completely understand, some applications are harder to delete than others. But it seems that you definitely have to delete the A&E server first.