Can't get fault log off PLC5?

Nicknin10do

As the title states, whenever our PLC5 faults I'll reconnect to it, but I'm never given an option to download a fault log.

I have a good battery installed. When it faults, I need to power cycle the rack because I also loose all comms to it as well.

Dang, Nick, I don't really remember, but can't you see the current fatal fault displayed in Controller Status (?) before you clear the fault? Not a log, really, but should point you to the error causing it to go down...
A good processor should not be faulting unless there is some program condition that intermittently causes a division by zero or some such...which can be avoided with the appropriate register value checks in the rung.
Not a great answer, I know...

Last edited:
As soon as the processor faults, I lose all comms with it. I can't connect. Now, I'll try next time, but I haven't tried a serial connection to it. We're connected via DH+, and that goes down when it faults. But I would still expect it to have a log I could get.

The only thing that gives me any indication of what causes it is that there are a few MSG instructions in the program. Guess they were in there for data collection back in 98. If I AFI those rungs out, the processor won't fault, but still don't know WHY it does.

And Mickey, even when going through the menu I get the message stating that there isn't anything to extract because it can't find a log.