Can't monitor a S7-300 on TIA Portal V15

Col J Mal

Hi Folks,

Looking for support and ideas. We are trying to go online to monitor/fault find on an S7-300 programmed with TIA Portal V15. I can compare the software and determine their are no differences. When I go to try and monitor the software, the icon is greyed out. The copy of the software is from the OEM and even when I try and upload a copy from the PLC I get the same fault. Alhtough i can upload

The file name ends @@@@@920.zap15 which leads me to using V15. I have tried each update pack and now have the latest update software although i am getting the same outcome.

Any ideas?

Any chance it was really written and downloaded with Step7 5.x

Because your seeing what would happen until it was downloaded with TIA Portal

I tested your scenario and see the same

Just a thought....

Can you load Step 7 V5.6 or 5.7 and upload or try to ?

Also if the cpu was actually downloaded with TIA Portal then in Step7 v5.x you will see this message (when attempting to upload to Step7)

Attachments

• step7upload.jpg
    step7upload.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 13
zap files are archives and you will need to retrieve the archive to open the program.

Are you just monitoring the program via the online access?

It could be also that the actual CPU was downloaded from a different version of Portal, and the OEM sent you an upgraded version. Portal is really picky about the project version matching, even though it's pretty forgiving on firmware.

MK

I poked around in the 300 I was playing with and I could never see that like you can in a 1200/1500

ie ..... online

zap files are archives and you will need to retrieve the archive to open the program.

Are you just monitoring the program via the online access?
Hi bb76,

I have retrieved the program in Portal V15 and it shows the original copy as having differences. When I do an Upload from device it changes the structure of the program
(see photo's - media(1) is the original OEM copy. Media is after I've updated the software . I'm not sure if that if that is what is preventing me from being able to monitor online.

I'm trying to go online and then monitor through the FC.

Attachments

• Media (1).jpg
    Media (1).jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Media.jpg
    Media.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi Folks, Thanks for the Help. I found 2 things.

1. There was a Danfoss Drive in the program which was not linked to the Network. Once I corrected that I still couldn't get online with the FC's etc.
  2. I did a Full Software upload which turned everything green as per the photo's. Once I did a compare , certain blocks turned orange/blue to show differences. After a compare which informed me there were no software differences in the compare - only time stamp. I redownloaded the blocks that i'd just uploaded. Only after that was I allowed to go online and monitor. Whilst monitoring I had a different block from the one i was monitoring change from ok to show differences. Again I did a compare and it showed nothing wrong, so i redownloaded that block at it allowed me to go back online.
It looks like S7-300's with Portal are just very sensitive.

Attachments

• Media (5).jpg
    Media (5).jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Media (4).jpg
    Media (4).jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Media (3).jpg
    Media (3).jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 5