Can't open Studio5k v23 in Windows 11

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I have Studio5k v23 running on a machine and I am unable to open the software. Every time I try, it acts like it is opening but then closes. I had this issue once before, something about it not being compatible with Windows 11 and I resolved it with something I found on this site however, I am not having any luck getting lightning to strike twice. It's a new laptop is why I lost the ability to open it. I remember someone said to install VM and run Windows 7 but someone else countered with another way. Any help would be awesome. Thank you

This may help

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1023480

Basically it says to try disabling the startup page in the registry via

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Start Page\Never Show

And if that doesn't work setting compatibility mode for that version to Vista SP2 on the LogixDesigner.exe application in the \Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v23\Bin folder.