CCW PainelViewer Application Two Controllers

bernardow1

Hi guys!

I'm using PainelViewer 8" AllenBradlley and Two CompatLogix 1769-L16ER

I'm trying connect with 2 PLCs, But I received a warning that it is not possible, is it really not possible to control 2 PLCS with 1 HMI?

Captura de tela 2023-09-05 071641.png Captura de tela 2023-09-05 071852.png

It looks like Rockwell limits the PV800 to one CompactLogix connection. If you really want to communicate with two controllers, poking around in CCW, it looks like a possible workaround could be to use the SLC/PLC protocol and remap your HMI data in each controller. I don't know if the PanelView will see the processor with the IP configured in the application without additional CIP ports. You would have to test that with the hardware I don't have handy now.

If that would work, in the PLC programming you would use mapping in Logic > Map PLC/SLC messages. In there you might map an INT array to file 7 to be read / written by the PV800 as N7:0 and up. You would probably add a mapping routine to map the INT array values and bits to your other PLC tags.

Modbus TCP might be another workaround, but that can get ugly in Logix5K controllers.