Cellular RTU

sandy5020

Hi,

I have a flow meter which needs to be connected to our SCADA via GPRS/GSM/4G or any cellular type RTU's If any one have an idea please share

Sandy

List the model of the flow meter.

If it has Modbus TCP it will be easy (if your SCADA has Modbus TCP drivers, which most do).

If it is Modbus RTU you can put in an RTU to TCP converter. If only Pulse or 4-20ma/0-10V you will need a small PLC in the middle.

3g and 4g connect the remote site to the Internet.

Thinking about modems in now days, on everything moves through the Internet, is an outdated concept

Hi,

Since we are thinking about 3g/4g private ip is not available for mobile data in our area..please suggest if you have some idea

You do not need a static or public IP at the remote site to establish a VPN connection as a client. A cheap contract, a cheap SIM card with only data transmission should work, no need to ask for a unique or static IP.

On the other hand, the internet connection in the plant where the SCADA is needs to have a static and public IP but this is easier to achieve for a cable or ADSL connection.

If you still don't understand it yet, consult a network administrator.

It is the same system that many people currently use to work from home or from remote sites.

Last edited: