Change PLC IP Address S7-300

Michael Hunt

Hi

I need to change the IP address of my S7-300 PLC. This is ok. The PLC is talking to iFix version 5.0 SCADA using Simatic Net OPC. How do I re-configure Simatic Net for the new PLC IP address.

Thanks Mikey

If the PC Station that contains the OPC Server is integrated with the S7 PLC in one STEP7 project, and the connection is "fully specified", then the OPC server will be automatically updated with the new IP address.
If it is an "unspecified connection", you have to open the connection in NetPro and change the IP address manually.

Fully specified: Rather than details about IP address, rack and slot, the connection in NetPro points to the name of the S7 PLC. IP address, rack and slot parameters can be seen but not changed.
Unspecified: It is called "unspecified", and IP address, rack and slot can be changed.

Thanks Jesper

When I look in NetPro all I can see is what is in the Station Configurator but cannot see any IP address configured here. Do I need to import station again with new XDB file?

Hi Michael.

In NetPro, highlight the "OPC Server" in the PC Station representing the target PC.
In the lower part of the screen there must be a list of configured connections.
Clicking on one of the existing connections brings ups a dialog for setting the specific parameters, including the IP address. The specific parameters will be view-only (greyed out) if it is a fully specified connection.

If you change anything there, you must save-and-compile, and load the new xdb file into the Station Configurator.