How to change the IP address of a Siemens PLC

If the module already has an IP address, you can go to online access, find the device you want. Then online/diagnostics and there's a tab to change IP address/profinet name. This is in TIA.

There's a similar method in step 7 classic.
In STEP7 Classic, there is an 'edit Ethernet node' which I think is the one you refer to.
I am not 100% sure about this, but I think it is the same as Proneta or PST, the changed IP address does not remain when the power to the CPU is cycled.

edit: If you use the 'edit Ethernet node' to change a Profinet IO Device, other than an S7 CPU, then the IP remains.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I currently have a project where several Siemens PLC's are connected to each other with Profibus. One master S7-315-2DP and 3 slaves...
Replies
Views
I have a Red Lion G09 scanning 8 Invertek P2 VFDs via modbus RTU - I've setup necessary comms and tags and all works well. I have a 'Settings'...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, how can I change IP to a beckhoff BK9105? I tried via web broser but nothing! For the moment I have set the IP via bootp / dhcp...
Replies
Views
Morning All, So I have a PLC-5/30 with a 1785-ENET module that I am needing to change the IP address on. I know very little about PLC's but have...
Replies
Views
How do I change the IP address of a EN2TR module in a remote rack in a running PLC in Studio5000? When viewing the module properties while online...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom